Monday, September 04, 2006

Great Moments In Comic Book History

The caption on the cover suggests that the comic is about an astronaut who crash lands his rocket into a spongy yield of hot alien... well, into a hot alien. The picture, however, suggests a completely different story.

Now, I'm no expert on primate facial expressions, but I think the look on the monkey's face can best be described as: concerned. Of course, I too would be concerned if a moon-bound astronaut mistook me for being a girl from outer space and wanted to make sweet love to me. And maybe I'm reading too much into this, but you can only see one of the astronaut's arms on the cover. I'll let you connect the dots, but I can say this much: I've only seen a grin like that on a man's face one other time, and my parents made sure to lock the door from that day on.

No comments: