Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Bell Jar Tolls For Thee

Man alive! I leave the internet for a day and this happens?

First we (and by "we" I mean "you" since I was trapped in a basement all day, without internet access, but with plenty of access to people who insisted on saying things like "finesse the unit" and "our silos should be de-siloed") learned that Britney Spears checked into a rehab facility two days ago but refused to stay and checked out less than 24 hours later.

Now, I actually heard this late in the afternoon (from a stranger in a mens' room, no lie) and I immediately thought: "Wow, a whole day of rehab. I wonder if we'll even be able to recognize her anymore she'll be so different. "

Then, this morning, I saw this:

To be fair, I do still recognize her.

Well, it seems Britney showed up in a California tattoo parlor Friday night with a completely shaved head as she got a new tattoo of red lips on her wrist. Sweet jumpin' Regis Philbin, what happened to her in rehab? I'd say she's this close to a mental breakdown but I can't get my fingers close enough to convey just how deeply in the middle of a breakdown she is. My fingers would have to actually meld into each other for an accurate measurement.

No comments: