Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Life Of Reilly

Like the Chinese symbol for Yin-Yang you foolishly tattooed on your bicep, our world is composed of a series of antitheses--equally opposing forces struggling to keep life in a delicate balance. For every light, there is a dark; to each good, an evil; for each Darth Vader, there is a Luke Skywalker; every struggling single mom has that deadbeat dad robbing her for drug money (source: Maury Povich). You get the idea.


So it only stands to reason that if professional douchebag Dane Cook can get a two-hour special to shout the amusing, quirky ways he loves sandwiches, there must be its opposite. And, justly, it has arrived in the form of a movie documenting the one-man stage show of recently-deceased ascot proponent Charles Nelson Reilly.





The balance remains.... for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just watched my first Dane Cook clip, and you know, I intended on writing some wise-ass statement about him, but to tell you the truth I'm speechless; all possible witticisms have been sucked out of me. The only thing I can think of, is that in a world that has Larry the Cable Guy...