Saturday, October 20, 2007

Fantasy Recap, Week 6: It's Raining Men

This fantasy football season has just been bonkers.

Six weeks in, and most of us are struggling to replace our draft picks because top-tier players are dropping like well-padded flies. Suddenly guys like Derek -"Who?"- Anderson and Jason -"That's so wrong"- Wright are hot commodities, while players like Steven Jackson and Matt Leinart cool their heels on the bench. It's getting so a fantasy football coach can't rely on anything, my friends. Before you know it the Chicago Bears will have a cheerleading squad.

So, with players dropping like things that drop, how'd I wind up doing this week? Let's go to the phones!

In my NFL.COM league? I won! Woot... sorta.

Catchers in the Rye
Projected: Win
Actual: Win 70-59

East
LacesOu 5-1-0
Eau Claire Vandals 4-2-0
Catchers in the Rye 3-3-0
Textboo 2-4-0

Central
Death by Haiku 2 3-3-0
Tiny Adorable Hedgehogs 3-3-0
Goregor 2-4-0
RumseyB 1-5-0

West
DredPir 5-1-0
HolyHan 5-1-0
Mothers 3-3-0
Underdo 0-6-0

Yeah, the good news is that I won. The bad news is that I played Nancy. Either way this game went, there'd be no joy in Mudville, I'm afraid. I did -as a result- manage to move up in the rankings, though. I just don't know that it matters, because I could be badly outmatched this week... but we'll see.

In my woeful, "Hey! I know! Let's lose again!" league? I won! Holy shit!

Sith Lords of the Gridiron
Projected: Loss
Actual: Win 85-75

Central
LofasLa 4-2-0
Clemson 3-2-1
UsualSu 3-3-0
Sith Lords of the Gridiron 1-4-1

East
BBbadbo 5-1-0
Knights 5-1-0
FBomber 3-3-0
royals1 2-4-0

West
YounGGu 3-3-0
Lynchbe 3-3-0
TeamAlp 3-3-0
FifeFan 0-6-0

No explanation for it. No expectation of repeating. There you go.

In the last of the NFL.COM leagues? I won! Again! Can't hardly believe it!

The Powerful Mach 5!
Projected: Loss
Actual: Win 115-77

Central
Powerful Mach 5! 6-0-0
Provide 4-2-0
JediMas 2-4-0
Bigbron 1-5-0

East
NEPats 4-2-0
Baldeag 4-2-0
Skeleto 2-4-0
ItaliHe 0-6-0

West
xchucki 5-1-0
Provide 4-2-0
Breakin 2-4-0
KNIGHTS 2-4-0

Tom Brady is pretty much the star of this fantasy team... and I'm okay with that (so long as John Madden shuts the f@*# up about comparing Tom to Joe Montana. Nobody compares to Joe Montana. We all know that). Anyway, I'm still undefeated, and still #1 overall. What do the kids say? Oh yeah... "Yippee!"

So three NFL.COM leagues, and three wins! That's alright!

The news was less alright in the Yahoo! leagues.

In my Yahoo! league? I lost.

Blue Blazer Regulars
Projected: Win
Actual: Loss 238-270

1. Purple Crap Stains 5-1-0
2. Night Train 5-1-0
3. De chier des bulles 4-2-0
4. Blue Blazer Regulars 4-2-0
5. MightyPurpleHelmets 3-3-0
6. Extreme Hummingbird 3-3-0
7. Snooze Alarm 2-4-0
8. LiL Man 2-4-0
9. Purple People Eaters 1-5-0
10. Intercepticons 1-5-0

Once again, I played Nancy, and Nancy? She had Tom Brady. That about did it. The good news is we split our series, so the weekend wasn't a total bust... and she's, y'know, still talking to me.

In the office Yahoo! league? I lost.

Live Free; Rhyme Hard
Projected: Loss
Actual: Loss 281.2-337.05

1. Death by Haiku 5-1-0
2. LightsOut 5-1-0
3. BALCO 5-1-0
4. The Flying Frenchman 4-2-0
5. Arsenal 4-2-0
6. The Pastry Ducks 3-3-0
7. Alabama Hot Pockets 3-3-0
8. San Diego Zoo 2-4-0
9. Bliss's Blitzers 2-4-0
10. Baby Bashers 2-4-0
11. Livefree; Rhymehard 1-5-0
12. ativan stat 0-6-0

What's amazing here is that Ladanian Tomlinson finally started acting like Ladanian Tomlinson: 4 touchdowns and over 200 yards. You'd think that'd spell "W-I-N" for me, right? Well, Robert (that wiley bastard) has Adrian Peterson (Running Back for the Vikings) and Adrian? He rushed for three touchdowns and over 300 yards which pretty much kicked my ass. Yup, I've got the best player in the NFL, and my fantasy team is second to last. Swell.

I'd be remiss here if I didn't mention that in my NFL.COM league there's a coach -Let's call him "Mark" 'cause that's his name and that's what we call him- has BOTH of those players (LT and Adrian Peterson), and Mark? He still lost! I'm not sure that makes me feel better, but it does distract me from my loss, which is almost as good.

So there you go, Week 6 in a nutshell. Let's cart it off the field like a first-round draft pick, shall we? Now if you'll excuse me, I have research to do on 4th-String running backs and practice squads.

No comments: