Saturday, January 14, 2006

Tanks For Nothing

There's a lot ot be said for a plan.

The afternoon Patton defeated Rommel in the desert? That was a good plan. Of course, it was Rommel's plan... guess maybe he shoulda' taken a page outta' der fuhrer's li'l red book and burned it... rather than transcribing it. Irony... it's a karmic kick in the ass, huh Rommy?

Yeah, so, I had a plan this week. Came to me, oh, 'round about Monday... "Ninjas & Pirates! This week only!" Sounded great Monday evening... I imagine it sounded as great as the brainstorming session in the Crawford room the night before they unveiled New Coke. Funny thing though... turns out it wasn't such a great idea. Like leg warmers, Bonnie Tyler and Cholera before it, "Ninja/Pirate" week slides helplessly backwards into ignominy my friends... sad but... well, not so sad, really. Really... it was just a bad idea. Forgive me.

I think "Mucous Plugs & Bubble Teas" week is gonna' be great though! Ding!

No comments: