Sunday, January 22, 2006

Super Bowl Brought to You by the Letter "S"

Holy shit.

I said it before: I don't know about football; I don't care about football... but man I love the Seahawks.

Maybe it's that they're so damned earnest... maybe it's that they're built to be underdogs... maybe it's that they really are a team, and not just a bunch of guys waiting for a better contract... maybe it's that happy as I am here, back in California? I miss Seattle. Maybe it's that they have the teeniest lime green accents you ever did see on their uni's. Maybe it's that I can't not follow a team named after a mythical bird.

Maybe I like it when bald guys finish first.

I dunno... but I do know I've walked into every August for years crowing "This is it! This year the Seahawks go all the way!" This year? At long last? Today? They're NFC champs, baby.

So, yeah... I don't care about football. Still, nothing's stopping me from wearing my Darth Vader football jersey on 2/5, and setting my Emerald Downs pint glass down on my the end coaster while we watch the game in... well... earnest.

Go Hawks.

No comments: