Sunday, April 03, 2005

This Week on Mercy High's Marquee!

You know, the latest message rose on the third day after the last message's demise... I'm not sure what that might mean... but people have found meaning in far less, so... there you go. QED.

Quite a week on the ol' marquee:

"Voted-Top 100 best places to work in the bay area"

First of all, that dash? It's not mine. I transcribe 'em like I see 'em kids.

Second, it should be noted that as of this posting, there were no jobs available at Mercy High. Believe me, I checked... I'm not an idiot, after all. I'm supposed to just pass-up even the spectre of the opportunity to work at one of the "top 100 best places to work in the bay area?" Come on!

And, finally... if whomever is supposed to proofread the marquee is missing things like mystery-hyphens and capital-letters a-go-go, and there aren't any jobs currently available at this, one of the bay area's top 100 best places to work... what message are they really trying to send here? That it sucks to be us? That they'll happily go on under-performing while we struggle in the private sector? That all we can do is drive by, and dream... dream of being saved?

See? There is always a deeper meaning.

No comments: