Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Bait & Switch

Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

Original Screenplay

WALL-E
WALL-E

My picks are highlighted. I know the Academy loves magic, dead guys and women who starred in Shrinks, so I feel pretty confident.

Seriously (get it?) though: Heath Ledger earned a win tonight. As did Sean Penn... which he can tell Elton John afterwards, when Mickey Rourke staggers into the party carrying the (other) little bald man.

UPDATE: Okay... only got 12 right. Some day I may learn to stop voting what should win, and instead vote what will win. Should I have guessed that Benjamin Button's one-trick visual effects team would beat Iron Man and The Dark Knight? Yeah, probably. But then, the Academy followed my heart, and bestowed Best Actor on Sean Penn... like they didn't know Mickey Rourke's dog just died... so I dunno. All I can say for sure is that Nancy is either a closeted Academy member, or a sooooper Oscar genius. She whooped me yet again this year, 17-12.

1 comment:

srikanth said...

This DraStic DS Emulator apk Allows you to Play Nintendo DS games on your Android. DraStic DS Emulator app clones your DS on your Android Device
drastic ds emulator