Saturday, December 08, 2007

Winehouse Of Horrors

To Jethro Tull's undying chagrin, Amy Winehouse received six nominations for the 50th Annual Grammy Awards a couple days ago. She was second to Kanye West who received eight nominations. Reuters reports:

"Winehouse, 24, was nominated in all four of the top categories: record of the year, album of the year, song of the year (a songwriter's award), and best new artist."

It's too bad she has absolutely no idea what the hell a Grammy is, but it’ll be fun to see her perform. I wonder if they can get her to duet with Britney Spears? Could you imagine? Ten bucks says the Earth opens up in the orchestra pit, and Satan pops out to apologize. “Sorry,” he’ll say. “I went way overboard with these two. I was drinking, playing some online poker and not really paying attention. Can you believe the blonde one had kids? Wow, didn’t see that coming. It’s cool though. I’m going to take these two back to hell with me and, I dunno, toss them in a lake of fire or something. Toot-a-loo!" And that’s how the devil saved Christmas. The End.

No comments: