Saturday, November 26, 2005

Juiced

These last few weeks have been killing me!

Week 11? Two contests, two losses. Dammit.

In the office Yahoo league, the playoffs go like this: we play 13 games, and the last three games of the regular season are our fantasy playoffs. The top 6 teams compete for the championship. As of today, I'm in 7th. Take a gander:

*1. Kirk's nightmare 10-1-0
*2. San Diego Zoo 9-2-0
3. Arsenal 6-5-0
4. Turd Burglars 6-5-0
5. Budwipers 6-5-0
6. Last & Least Too 6-5-0
7. Gotham Knights 6-5-0
8. Super Chargers 5-6-0
9. AggieDucks 5-6-0
10. Wade Reeves QB 5-6-0
11. Las Vegas Heat 5-6-0
12. kimpossible 5-6-0
13. The Nation 3-8-0
14. Cyanide 0-11-0

That asterisk beside the 1st and 2nd teams? That means they've clinched playoff berths. Creeps. The worse news? I have to play the #2 team next week in our final regular season game. Yeah, it's safe to say my fingers are crossed. No more prayers, thanks... we saw how that worked out going into this week. Did I mention? TWO LOSSES THIS WEEK! Yeah, thanks God.

With the right win/loss scenarios (and naturally, a win for me would be helpful) I could leap as high as fourth in the rankings this week... you know what? Why don't you go ahead and cross your fingers too?

Meanwhile, down in the Hundred Acre Wood... that's right! A loss! Take a look! I double-dog dare you!

East Division
Metropolis Meteors 5-6-0
AntiBushTexans 5-6-0
jump 4-7-0
Crawford Vaqueros 3-7-1

Central Division
blueflames 9-2-0
Eau Claire Charlatans 8-3-0
marauders 6-5-0
San Jose Synecdoche 6-5-0

West Division
COSTA RICAN PANTHERS 7-4-0
METRO ALLSTARS 5-5-1
Jimbo 5-6-0
scurvy dawgs 2-9-0

I was amazed to wake up to first place in my divsion on Tuesday morning, tell you what. I'm still the point-leader in the division... hopefully that'll hold up, 'cause I'm on a losing streak in the ol' NFL.COM league, and that 12-point lead I have on the teams I'm tied with is all that's keeping me in playoff contention kids.

The playoff scenario here is a little different. Here we play 14 games during the regular season. Then 4 teams make the playoffs: the leader in each division, and one wild card team (the team with the highest score who didn't win its division). Joe tends to win the wild card slot... it's like a tradition, really. If I don't win my division, I'm screwed, 'cause while I may be point-leader in my division, I'm waaaaaay behind many other teams in the league, including Nancy & Joe. They, by the way, could duke it out for the wild card slot... unless Joe kicks the shit out of their divison leader this week... which is likely.

Speaking of Nancy, her fantasy luck has been not-so-good the last few weeks... we've both been losing kinda' a lot. I should point out that while she's dropped to last in her division, her winn/loss record is actually better than mine. Her luck in the latter part of the season is just like my luck in the last two seasons: she's trapped in the toughest division in the league. She's still in the playoff race, though... she's the '02, '03, '04 and '05 Seahawks of our fantasy football league: Where there's life, there's hope. Of course the Seahawks don't have Nancy's indomintable spirit, so yeah... there's a really good chance she'll make the playoffs... and with luck, our teams will go head-to-head in the post season.

Oh yeah... that should be fun.

1 comment:

Squish the Klown said...

Likely hell! BOOOYAH! As the more butch guys say. Me? I am amazed. Simply amazed.