Monday, November 07, 2005

Dubacultcha

You used to be able to get these "pillow speakers" at stores like Radio Shack and Sharper Image, right? Smallish, plastic boxes with curved corners and a sturdy grill on one side. You'd run the speaker from a cassette recorder (also available at Radio Shack: you've got questions, we've got answers), and slip it under your pillow, you know, so you could learn German in your sleep.

I tried this once, but when I awoke the next morning I found that I didn't know any more German than I'd known the night before. I did, however, feel anxious, depressed and paranoid.

1 comment:

Squish the Klown said...

Remember when cassette tapes were going to bring the music industry to its knees? All of that music trading in college dorm rooms was going to put them out of business? Remember your first mix tape for that girl you loved in eighth grade? I laugh out loud now when I recall either. A different kind of laugh, mind you. But a laugh all the same.