Sunday, August 31, 2008

Priceless

Can't say as I blame him... a man is selling his last respect for George Lucas on eBay, in the form of a Darth Maul figure.

"Because this Darth Maul represented my faith in George Lucas (it was
bought back in the heady days of 1999 when the words Star and Wars still brought
to mind childhood dreams and wonderment), you are also bidding on the last
morsels of respect I have for the once all-powerful, formally infallible bearded
wonder. If you must know, the use of the woeful Wookie 'Tarzan' cry in Revenge
of the Sith is the straw that broke the Bantha's back. It was almost
unforgivable in Return of the Jedi, but to have it featured again in Episode 3
was just ridiculously [expletive] STUPID!


I've made so many excuses for George in the past - even to the point of
suggesting that Jar Jar would be bearable if he spoke in an alien language with
subtitles - but after witnessing the CGI monkeys and gophers in Indiana Jones
and the UFOs, I've got nothing left for him (except for what this Darth Maul
represents)... And to think of the rabid, blind hope I had towards the end of
the 90s before I entered the cinema to see Episode 1...."


Bidding starts at $10 Australian... which, if my math is right, is $10 Australian more than it's worth.

No comments: