Wednesday, August 13, 2008

And Your LittleDog Too!

Remember when Boston Dynamics heralded the robot apocalypse with the creation of the BigDog? No? Well, lookee:



Anyway, now those uncaring bastards have made a LittleDog too. You know, one that isn't as big or loud as the original. Why? To kill you easier.



"LittleDog is a quadruped robot for research on learning locomotion.
Scientists at leading institutions use LittleDog to probe the fundamental
relationships among motor learning, dynamic control, perception of the
environment, and rough terrain locomotion."

Run for the hills! I imagine a scenario that plays out something like this: A platoon of BigDogs are released into the wild, each with a payload of several LittleDogs. When a human presence is detected in the area, a LittleDog is deployed, where it seeks out said humans and kills them (possibly by self-detonation). This is repeated until I'm the only one alive and living in an underground bunker. At this time, I manage to capture a BigDog, and, in an attempt to create a race of cyborgs to battle my robot overlords, mate with said beast. But in my haste, I fail to realize I've captured a male model! And that, my friends, is how the human race dies out. Happy ending!

No comments: