Monday, July 21, 2008

My Log Tells Me...

Some guy opened his laptop to make a repair and found a rogue keylogger inside.

"What could this mean? I called Dell tech support about it, and they said, and I quote, "The integrated service tag identifier is there for assisting customers in the event of lost or misplaced personal information." He then hung up.

I called the police, as having a keylogger unknown to me in my laptop is a serious offense. They told me to call the Department of Homeland Security. At this point, I am in disbelief. Why would the DHS have a keylogger in my laptop? It was surreal.

So I called them, and they told me to submit a Freedom of Information Act request."

Here's a scanned copy of the reply to his request:

DHS for the win!

(Oh, come on... you weren't using those civil rights anyway.)

No comments: