Saturday, May 31, 2008

Half-Baked

So those crazy fonadanters on the Food Network's Ace of Cakes recently made a Star Trek cake and posted pictures of it on Trekmovie.com. But some Trekkies* weren't happy with the result:


6. sean - May 25, 2008

THIS IS A DISASTER I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY PUT SCOTTY IN THE NAVIGATOR'S POSITION I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE ARE SO CLUELESS ABOUT THE BASICS OF STAR TREK THIS IS A DISASTER


12. Sean - May 25, 2008

lol #6 has a point. Scotty and Uhura are not in the right spots and Chekov is nowhere to be found. Even before Chekov came onto the show Scotty didn't sit there.


18. Navigator NCC 2120 USS Entente - May 25, 2008

Actually Sean, Scotty DID sit at the Navigator's Station on the bridge at the end of the second pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before" because Navigator Gary Mitchel was dead. There is a picture of it at http://www.trekcore.com. I tried to post the link to the picture but it did not work.



Finally, the voice of reason stepped in:


38. Gary Seven of Nine - May 26, 2008
Sean:
"Have you ever kissed a girl??!?!?!?!?!"
It's an F-in cake. Turn-off your caps lock and and stop making trekkers look like such OCD losers.


Good burn with your lightsaber there, Gary Seven of Nine. Oh shit, lightsabers are from Star Wars and not Star Trek aren't they? How embarrassing. Seriously though, I've always loved Star Trek -- especially the spaceship, Discovery One.**




*I know, I know... "Trekkers." jesus, just stop already.


**Riiiight, that's the ship from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Proud of yourself? Go outside.

1 comment:

Chef Gaynol said...

I love fonadanters, great word. I did notice that Uhura was in the wrong place, so I guess that makes me a major Trek geek, but I wouldn't go so far to label it a "disaster." I mean lighten up folks....its sugar and gum paste.....I just realized I'm probably a pastry geek too....sigh....Just for the record, I do get outside and I have kissed a boy.