Saturday, April 19, 2008

Teach The Children Well

Anyway, Dr. Michael Salzhauer, a certified plastic surgeon, has written a children's book called My Beautiful Mommy that explains to kids about their mommy's new body parts. Ha ha, adorable! Newsweek reports:

"Salzhauer got the idea for a book after noticing that women were coming
into his office with their kids in tow. He says that mysterious doctor's visits
can be frightening for children. "Parents generally tend to go into this denial
thing. They just try to ignore the kids' questions completely." But, he adds,
children "fill in the blanks in their imagination" and then feel worse when they
see "mommy with bandages," he says. "With the tummy tucks, [the mothers] can't
lift anything. They're in bed. The kids have questions."
Amazing. My Beautiful Mommy will be a perfect companion piece to the children's book I'm working on called My Drunk as Shit Daddy. Here's an exclusive excerpt:

[Page 1]
My daddy sometimes comes home smelling like that time our cat Whiskers died behind the washing machine. I asked him why he smells so bad and he smiled then said "Your mommy doesn't understand me, or get me Hot Pockets. So daddy gets his happy juice from a bottle."

[Page 2]
Whenever I start to cry my daddy always know how to make me stop. He says "Hey, shut up when daddy's trying to nap on the kitchen floor or I'll sell your toys so I can buy a new spoiler for my Vette. I don't care if it's wrapped around the neighbor's tree again. That bitch is cherry. Gimme an animal cookie."

[Page 3]
Daddy and I play all kinds of fun games like "Here hide this gun in your toybox while daddy goes to Mexico." It was my favorite until the police showed up and made me live in a foster home until I was 18. I listen to emo music now and cut myself.

Go ahead. You can say it. I'm practically Dr. Seuss over here. I just care about the kids, you know? The precious, precious kids.

NOTE: Excerpts of "My Beautiful Mommy" on Newsweek that you've got to see to believe. Then realize this quack is hocking the book at a whopping twenty smackers.

No comments: