Monday, April 21, 2008

Mulder, It's Me

Outside of "the truth is out there" and "hey, nerd!", few words are as ingrained in the minds of X-Files superfans as "I want to believe." The saying was clearly written on a poster in Mulder's office, and the sentiment was a running theme throughout the series. So I guess it only makes sense that creator Chris Carter has chosen X-Files: I Want to Believe as the full, lengthy title of his new movie. As he explained:

"It's a natural title. It's a story that involves the difficulties in
mediating faith and science. 'I Want to Believe.' It really does suggest
Mulder's struggle with his faith."
At first I wasn't that keen to it, but I found that it if you forcibly hold someone's hand and keep saying it to them, slowly and sincerely, never breaking eye contact, you'll start to warm up to it. Try it on the bus!

No comments: