Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'll Show You The Life Of The Mind

I've loved these guys since I watched Blood Simple on HBO with my dad in... what? 1986?



They're quirky... and so clearly outsiders... yet they know us better than anyone.



They surround themselves with people who go on to great, quirky things themselves. Barry Sonnenfeld, I'm looking right at you. Come back to Pushing Daisies!



They live on the outskirts, yet still, somehow, manage to piss the Academy off less than Woody ever did.



I mean, come on. Two words: Barton. Fink.



We saw No Country For Old Men immediately upon its release, and I announced that yes, this is the best picture of 2007. That friggin' spoiler There Will Be Blood appeared a few weeks later... but I stuck by my guns (as it were) and to my story that yes, No Country For Old Men would reign supreme. In typical Coen brother fashion, it did... but they didn't crow, or hoot, or holler... their film spoke for itself... while Cormack McCarthy sat in the audience, speaking to no one.



Perfect.

1 comment:

Squish the Klown said...

Does Danny D's appearance leave you somewhat "flummoxed?" Great actor. Don't get me wrong, but Hoops with that tux?