Sunday, June 25, 2006

"Does Superman Poop?"

You know, two people just asked me this question.

Why do they think I'd know, anyway? I can't tell you. The answer? Come on... I'd like to think I'm some sort of gentleman....

But this reminds me: we have a "Superman Bathroom." Lookee:


It was Nancy's idea. I admit, I scoffed at first. I seem to recall calmly asking "Put our beloved Superman memorabilia in the bathroom? Where people... you know and... you know... are you insane? Do you hate me?"

But it turns out it's the coolest room in the house, and easily the most popular. Heck, I think it'd still be most popular room even if we removed the toilet... which would make much more room for Superman stuff... hhhhhmmmmmmmm....

It's the home of some very rare, signed comics and original artwork. It houses a Superman figure from each of his eras (including "Mullett Superman!"); it's the home of the Superman monster truck! It has it all... except for one thing: a Superman bathroom rug.

We have been searching high and low for a Superman bathroom rug. No luck in local stores; the internet's -amazingly- no help either. The closest we've come to our non-skid dream is a latch hook kit... but the rug would still be small, and I'm not convinced that even if we followed the pattern exactly that it wouldn't still turn out looking like a Precious Moments toddler. Don't all latch hook rugs turn out as a Precious Moments toddler? I'm pretty sure they do.

So we're looking to you for help. Anyone have any leads on a Superman bathroom rug? Drop me a comment, or an email. We don't just want the rug... we need it. Then you know what we'd have? We'd have the "Lebowski/Superman Bathroom," 'cause that rug? It'll really tie the room together.


2 comments:

eterna1youth said...

Ladies and Gentleman, this is Bob Loblog and I just want to say...

I've seen this bathroom and it is absolutely sacred! Never have I seen a cooler bathroom!

You guys have my vote! And MTV Cribs, if youre reading this, you better grab your cameras and get a glimpse of this!

Anonymous said...

I saw two superman rugs go on ebay. Might keep looking there.