Thursday, September 29, 2005

Minor Threat

Week three has come and gone... time flies, doesn't it kids?

So, in our NFL.COM league... well, I lost. Sorry. I let you all down, I know. Truth be told, really, I couldn't have done any better... my benched players did worse than the ones I started (for a pleasant change)... but a loss is a loss. What I'm doing? I'm learning from it, and moving on! Oh, and drafting a buncha' obscure players who seem to be performing better than star starters... and I'm sending the NFL a check for $50, in the hope that this donation might lead to a little help in the ol' fantasy football league... it never hurts, right TOM DeLAY?

The standings:

West Division
COSTA RICAN PANTHERS 2-1-0
scurvy dawgs 2-1-0
Jimbo 2-1-0
METRO ALLSTARS 0-3-0

Central Division
San Jose Synecdoche 2-1-0
blueflames 2-1-0
marauders 1-2-0
Eau Claire Charlatans 1-2-0

East Division
jump 3-0-0
AntiBushTexans 1-2-0
Metropolis Meteors 1-2-0
Crawford Vaqueros 1-2-0

Yeah, I'm third now... but with a bullet! It should be noted that Nancy has taken the lead back in her division, and is 2nd in overall points. She plays Tony this week in a veritable clash of the titans. Well, a clash of a titan and a girl, anyway. We'll just see how Tony's 1-2 team matches up with Nancy's 2-1 juggernaut... my money's on the girl who's kickin' everybody's asses! And when it's all over, I guess we'll see -as Connie Francis sang- who's clashin' now....

The office Yahoo league... that's a whole 'nother Oprah show. I squeaked out a win, based soley on one guy (Ladanian Tomlinson, for those scoring at home). By rights, I shoulda' lost in the Yahoo league, and won in the other... but, conversely, a win's a win, so I'm not complaining. Plus this third week really shook up the standings... I'm in seventh! Just like dad always said! "Son," dad said, "always shoot for seventh." I'm there dad! Seventh! Love me! Please? I... I have Red Vines!

The standings:

1. Kirk's nightmare 3-0-0
2. San Diego Zoo 3-0-0
3. Budwipers 3-0-0
4. Last & Least Too 2-1-0
5. Wade Reeves QB 2-1-0
6. AggieDucks 2-1-0
7. Gotham Knights 2-1-0
8. Arsenal 1-2-0
9. Turd Burglars 1-2-0
10. The Nation 1-2-0
11. kimpossible 1-2-0
12. Super Chargers 0-3-0
13. Las Vegas Hea t0-3-0
14. Cyanide 0-3-0

So there you go. Now get some rest... this weekend could really tear things up in the ol' fantasy football leagues... plus, you look sleepy.

No comments: