Saturday, September 24, 2005

I Ain't Got Time to Bleed

Week two fantasy football update!

Sorry to keep you waiting... I hope you were able to get some sleep, anyway... y'know... while you waited for the update and all....

So, I climbed to 9th in our office Yahoo league... well hell, see for yourself:

Kirk's nightmare 2-0-0
San Diego Zoo 2-0-0
Budwipers 2-0-0
Last & Least Too 2-0-0
AggieDucks 2-0-0
The Nation 1-1-0
Wade Reeves QB 1-1-0
kimpossible 1-1-0
Gotham Knights 1-1-0
Arsenal 0-2-0
Super Chargers 0-2-0
Turd Burglars 0-2-0
Las Vegas Heat 0-2-0
Cyanide 0-2-0

It was an ugly win, but a win all the same. I managed to start most of the wrong people, and barely scraped out the victory during the second half of the second game Monday night. Phew! By the way, I didn't start Brett -you know, to teach him a lesson for letting me down the week before- and he threw for three touchdowns... mostly out of spite. He looks nice, but I'm tellin' you: he's spiteful. Keep an eye on him.

Meanwhile, in our NFL.COM league:

East Division
jump 2-0-0
AntiBushTexans 1-1-0
Metropolis Meteors 1-1-0
Crawford Vaqueros 0-2-0

Central Division
blueflames 2-0-0
San Jose Synecdoche 1-1-0
Eau Claire Charlatans 1-1-0
marauders 0-2-0

West Division
scurvy dawgs 2-0-0
COSTA RICAN PANTHERS 1-1-0
Jimbo 1-1-0
METRO ALLSTARS 0-2-0

Yeah, I lost in this league. I've never gone 2-0, so history was against me, I'm afraid. That, and the fact that all of my guys played for shit... that probably had a little to do with it too, I guess.
Nancy was unseated as overall point leader by "jump,"who's, of course, in my division. Shit. The good news is Nancy looks good to win this week... I'm about 50/50... so I'm typing this with fingers crossed. Neat trick, huh?

So there you go! After two weeks, I'm 1-1 in both leagues. Sure, I've lost a couple players, and I've lost a couple games, and I start the wrong guys and... wh-where was I going with this?

The playoffs, baby! The playoffs!

No comments: