Monday, August 22, 2005

All My Rowdy Friends

Yeah, so I'm in two -count 'em, two- fantasy football leagues this year. The aforementioned NFL.COM league (GO METEORS!), and a Yahoo league at the bookstore. We had that draft on Friday afternoon... I'm proud to present your Gotham Knights:

QB B. Favre
WR J. Walker
RB L. Tomlinson
TE L. Smith
WR Ro. Williams
RB M. Anderson
K M. Stover
K J. Feely
D E. Reed
D R. Harrison
DB S. Taylor
DB A. Wilson
DL D. Freeney
DL J. Peppers

In this league, you'll notice, we pick defense players, not entire defense units. Turns out I like this better. Last year I discovered I'm a defense savant... hopefully that'll hold true this year. Last year I also discovered that kickers make a ginormous difference in Yahoo leagues; they get more points for distance, as opposed to just getting 1 or 3 points for a kick (as in the NFL.COM league)... so this year I picked a starting kicker earlier, dammit! As a result I got the league's top kicker... but really all that means is some satellite's orbit will begin to decay soon, and bits of its solar panels will break off as it enters the atmosphere and fall on the guy's house, through his roof and pin him to his sofa, where he'll remain for the entire season, and I'll be stuck drafting George Blanda or something.

But you know, I'm really happy with this draft. Happier than I am with the NFL.COM draft, actually, and I'm still damn pleased with that (though I did do some waiver wire magic this weekend, and bolstered my kicker and tight end a bit)... but what's almost better than being happy myself about my draft, is the fact that others are not happy about it, and have been offering me trades all over the place. That has never happened to me in my fantasy football career... I kinda' feel like Carrie, when Tommy asked her to the prom... I hope this turns out better....

No comments: