Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Power is Hers

Daryl Hannah has decided to quit -after completing Living Neon Dreams- the entertainment business so that she can devote her time to saving the planet.

"I am more focused on trying to save the planet and other living creatures than on my career at the moment. I won't be doing anything for a while because I'm focused on environmental issues. I live in a solar-powered house built with eco-friendly materials and things salvaged from a 19th century barn. I also drive a 100 per cent bio-diesel car. I try to follow this ideal through all aspects of my life."

A hundred Euros says that Daryl's "solar-powered house built with eco-friendly materials" is a gigantic mansion that cost more resources to build than most people could produce in their entire lifetime. I'm not saying that everybody should go out and start cutting down rain forests and killing humpback whales, but it's a little easier to be an environmentalist when you have hundreds of millions of dollars, nothing but time on your hands and you don't have to worry about getting a second job at the local mucous factory to send your kid to college.

1 comment:

Alice In Wonderland said...

Try this for A modernday Alice In Wonderland. This isn't living In Neon dreams. This is Alice and the white Hair.

www.aliceandthewhitehair.com