Saturday, January 09, 2016

The Penn Is Mightier!

Sooooo, one day Sean Penn trekked deep into a Mexican jungle to secretly meet with El Chapo on top of a mountain for an interview with Rolling Stone. That happened. Later, the infamous drug lord was given final edit because journalism. And now for the fun part! The interview was published Saturday morning to the widespread amusement of the Internet, and then later that day this happened:

BREAKING: Mexican official says drug lord Guzman's interview with actor Sean Penn led Mexican forces to his whereabouts.

Below you’ll find a link to Sean Penn’s 10,000 word interview with El Chapo that I didn’t read because it’s 10,000 words written by Sean Penn. Case in point:

“I take no pride in keeping secrets that may be perceived as protecting criminals, nor do I have any gloating arrogance at posing for selfies with unknowing security men. But I’m in my rhythm. Everything I say to everyone must be true. As true as it is compartmentalized.”

No comments: