Thursday, May 04, 2006

We Don't Need Another Hero

It's no secret that Superman is my favorite superhero. It's no wonder, and it's not just because he is, quantifiably, the greatest superhero in the long, storied history of superheroes. I won't go into it now... but know this:

He is the very definition of "iconic" and "mythic..." and clearly Bryan Singer knows this. The respect he has for Superman is palpable. Watch the trailer, and tell me I'm wrong.

I know, I know... I was doing so well... cautiously optimistic and all... not letting my love for Superman and delight in Bryan Singer taking the reins of Superman Returns carry me away... yeah, that was yesterday. Today? Today I watched this trailer. Judging from how giddy and weepy it made me, I'd have to say that this is the best movie ever.

Ever.

Is it June 30th yet?







How 'bout now?

No comments: