Sunday, March 26, 2006

BS

Can somebody tell me what kind of world we live in when someone gives Britney Spears her very own pro-life monument? Well kids, the folks at Capla Kesting Fine Arts (in Brooklyn's Williamsburg gallery district) have gone and done just that.

The life-sized statue celebrates the recent birth of Spears' baby boy, Sean, and applauds her decision of placing family before career. Gallery co-director Lincoln Capla says, "A superstar at Britney's young age having a child is rare in today's celebrity culture. This dedication honors Britney for the rarity of her choice and bravery of her decision."

The official name of the monument is "Monument to Pro-Life: The Birth of Sean Preston," but I'm pretty sure the unofficial name is "The sex doll I was making but somebody caught me so now I'm pretending it's a Britney Spears monument." Besides, I don't think getting accidentally knocked-up counts as a brave decision to put family before career. It's more like a rash decision to not use protection.

No comments: