Friday, February 25, 2005

Aye! Robot!

Leslie Griffith is a robot.

Nancy doesn't believe me. She's always too busy laughing at me -because I can't honestly be expected to not scream "SHE'S A ROBOT!" at the TV after Leslie smiles and croaks "I'm Leslie Griffith"- at 10:01 to see the look on Dennis' face as he spits out "I'm Dennis Richmond." I mean, I've known Denny for years, and I'm here to tell you: he looks PISSED each and every night when he says that. Activate your TV's SAP... go on, do it. You'll hear what Dennis is really saying when he says "I'm Dennis Richmond." What he's really saying is "I did NOT spend three winters in Blue Canyon and two summers in Nam to spend the autumn of my career seated next to a fucking Orek vacuum with a bad wig and a lazy, synthetic eye."
Yeah, well... looks like you did just that Denny.

But come on. Is this so far-fetched? The question isn't really "Is Leslie Griffith a robot?" (and not just because she is, and asking stupid questions is, well, stupid. Stupid.), but rather "How many Fox "news" anchors aren't robots?"
No one's laughing now, I betcha'....

Sweet dreams of electric sheep, y'all!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Pooh? Leslie Griffith isn't a robot. Leslie Miller, the news anchor in Seattle, was also not a robot. The next lady named Leslie that you see on TV will also not be a robot. Just FYI.

Chris said...

What about Leslie Moonves? SO a robot. Robots posing as newscasters or TV luminaries? NOT gender-specific! And Pooh? Soylent Green? It's people. Quit eating it. Really.