Monday, November 26, 2007

Too Wrecked To Care, Anyway

Proving that the general public is only half as stupid as you feared, sales for Britney Spears' new album Blackout have come to a crawl after fans bought only 430,000 copies, according to FOX News:

"On Friday morning, "Blackout" stands at No. 59 on Amazon.com. It’s also No.
13 on iTunes, which means that its downloading days are dwindling as well.A new
single, “Piece of Me,” is getting some airplay including on the nation’s top pop
station, New York’s Z-100. But that doesn’t seem to make much of a
difference."
I’m surprised, actually. I thought Britney’s new album was excellent. I even bought copies for my family and handed them out at Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone seemed pretty happy. I mean, despite my parents disowning me and my 90-year-old grandmother trying to stab me in the neck with a turkey leg. Then my uncle said something about making it "look like a hunting accident.” I dunno, I was too busy trying to suck all the booze out of the rum cake with a straw before the cops came.

No comments: